2023 Summer Intern Positions
We believe that the Summer Internship at Northside Community Church provides room for valuable church ministry experience and spiritual growth to develop.
This year we have applied for several positions under the Government’s “Canada Summer Jobs” program.
- Summer Intern Children Program (2 positions: 35 hours/week for 16 weeks and 8 weeks)
- Summer Intern Youth Program (35 hours/week for 16 weeks)
- Summer Intern Communications (30 hours/week for 16 weeks)
The actual number of weeks & hours, as well as start and end dates will depend on Government funding. We will be advised of funding towards the end of April.
Earliest start date is May 7th.
Depending on the successful applicant’s availability, gifting, interest and skills there will be flexibility with the start date, number of hours and assigned tasks throughout the summer.
When can I apply:
Applications are being accepted now.
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit resumes is April 30th.
Who is eligible:
You must be between the age of 15 – 30. The requirement to be a student has been removed. Additional requirements and expectations are:
- A Social Insurance number
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A personal and vital relationship with Jesus Christ that is evidenced in one’s character and lifestyle.
- Preferably possesses a valid BC drivers license and has access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Ability and willingness to work onsite
- Strong delegating skills to involve others from the church community
- Creativity to develop new ideas as to how to serve our congregation and larger community in this new era of physical distancing
- Commitment to participation in personal spiritual growth and discipleship activities
- Attend weekly staff meetings in order to coordinate with and provide encouragement to other staff
- Agreement with the Northside (EFCC) Statement of Faith
- Agreement with the EFCC Covenant of Personal and Professional Ethics
Click here for detailed job description for Children's Ministry intern
Click here for detailed job description for Youth intern
Click here for detailed job description for Communications intern
It is our desire for everyone who is interested in the positions to be given the opportunity. However, we recognize there are a limited number of summer intern positions that we can offer, and each year we are forced to choose between any number of excellent candidates.
Therefore, in choosing between applicants, over and above the listed qualifications, the following criteria will be considered in order of importance:
- Priority will be given to applicants that currently and regularly attend Northside Community Church
- Priority will be given to applicants that have fewer perceived opportunities to participate in the internship in the future
- Priority will be given to applicants who have never been a summer intern at Northside Community Church before
Please remember all positions are subject to receiving funding.