Children and Families Director - Job Profile
CHILDREN AND FAMILIES DIRECTOR - JOB PROFILE
This position is responsible for leading the implementation of Northside Community Church’s vision to support children and families to live in community with God and one another for the world around us. This will include the planning & overseeing of weekly programs, the planning & overseeing of special events, the recruitment of leaders & helpers and the training of leaders & teachers.
Lead Pastor and/or Equivalent
Wages & Hours:
$22 - 25/hour; up to 20 hours/week
- Consult and collaborate with the deacon(s) responsible for children and families ministry in the planning & overseeing of the children’s & families activities, events & programs:
- Identifying ministry goals & objectives;
- Assess how things are going;
- Selection & preparation of curriculum;
- Recruiting and assigning of volunteer leaders, teachers and helpers; and
- Scheduling of volunteers.
- Prepare and distribute regular communications such as church-wide announcements, volunteer schedules, curriculum information, prayer requests and celebrations.
- Regularly check-in and connect with volunteers to provide support, monitor ministry goals and determine where adjustments are required.
- Oversee and direct summer interns in their implementation of the summer programs (eg. kid’s day-camps, sports camps, etc.).
- Ensure all safety procedures are familiar to and being implemented by leaders, volunteers and children during ministry activities.
- Additional duties as needs arise
- A personal and vital relationship with Jesus Christ that is evidenced in one’s character and lifestyle.
- Can disciple others in the truth and patterns of the life of Jesus Christ.
- Enjoys working with children and has demonstrated a passion for children and family ministries.
- Develops and works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (comfortable with public speaking; strong written skills).
- Creative in developing new ideas as to how to serve our congregation and larger community
- The ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Basic computer skills.
- Becomes an active part of Northside Community Church.
- Agrees with the Northside (EFCC) Statement of Faith
- Agrees with the EFCC Covenant of Personal and Professional Ethics
If you would like more information, please contact Julie Barrett at email@example.com
To submit your application, please send your resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2023