Kids Ministry Part-time Intern
Job Description – Children and Family Ministries Fall Internship
The part time intern will work under the direction of the Lead Pastor and the Deacon of Children and Families.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to plan and implement children’s programs and activities including the recruitment and training of volunteers to provide activities which may include educational, recreational, artistic and musical activities. The candidate will oversee these activities which may be mid-week or on weekends and ensure that all safety guidelines are adhered to including our own policies and procedures for working with children.
- Consult with the Deacon of Children and Families in planning the Sunday morning Children’s program including preparing curriculum and recruiting and scheduling volunteers
- Prepare and distribute the weekly volunteer schedule for the Sunday mornings program and mid-week events
- Communicate and Connect with all volunteers as needed on items such as curriculum and events
- Organize and oversee special events for the children’s ministry such as a track meet and Christmas events
- Together with the Deacon of C & F, plan and organize events for the children of Northside and the community
- Additional duties as needs arise
Skills that the participant will develop during the placement
As part of the funded position the skills that you will be learning and developing will be but are not limited to:
- Client Services – The ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with others
- Communication – The ability to exchange thoughts and information
- Digital Skills - The ability to understand and use technology and applications
- Leadership - The ability to build relationships, delegate, and work with integrity
This position is for eligible candidates between the ages of 15 – 30 years of. Additional requirements and expectations are:
- A Social Insurance number
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A personal and vital relationship with Jesus Christ that is evidenced in one’s character and lifestyle.
- Preferably possesses a valid BC drivers license and has access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Ability and willingness to work onsite (subject to all COVID safety protocols) as well as remotely
- Strong delegating skills to involve others from the church community
- Creativity to develop new ideas as to how to serve our congregation and larger community
- Commitment to participation in personal spiritual growth and discipleship activities
- Agreement with the Northside (EFCC) Statement of Faith
- Agreement with the EFCC Covenant of Personal and Professional Ethics
This position is for a term of 18 weeks working 15 hours per week at a wage of $16.00 hourly. The earliest start date will be September 1, 2021.
If you would like more information, please contact:
To submit your application, please send your resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23rd.